Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Talk about fell running

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    when I took a mate out for their first run on the hills I said to them:
    "There are no rules. Apart from, if you see ramblers, no matter how tired you are, or how steep the hill, run past them!"
    Defintely!!

I'll usually try and throw in a smile and 'hi' for good measure. Good job they can't see my face once I've passed them as I struggle to breathe!!

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by Flopsy View Post
    Defintely!!

I'll usually try and throw in a smile and 'hi' for good measure. Good job they can't see my face once I've passed them as I struggle to breathe!!
    That is a well known form of structured training. It is called "spectator fartlek"
    Alas road runners get it easier than us. They can speed up to max then turn the nearest corner then collapse in a heap of puffing out of sight.

When you are going up something the length of some of the lakes climbs, you have to keep it up for another half hour before being out of sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    when I took a mate out for their first run on the hills I said to them:
    "There are no rules. Apart from, if you see ramblers, no matter how tired you are, or how steep the hill, run past them!"
    V true

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    That is a well known form of structured training. It is called "spectator fartlek"
    Alas road runners get it easier than us. They can speed up to max then turn the nearest corner then collapse in a heap of puffing out of sight.

When you are going up something the length of some of the lakes climbs, you have to keep it up for another half hour before being out of sight!
    Did a variation of that recently. Passed some folks going up, but took a wrong turn somewhere and somehow ended up behind them again having to pass once more!

I blame low cloud..
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!