Page 98 of 117 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdale Horseshoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Hiya Nigel, when I saw you at Crinkle summit my first thought was, "eh up Nigel's been on a wander". With how well you've been running this year mate the odd blip can be shrugged off. Good job Mr Rielly didn't catch you, you'd have never heard the last of it.

Had a decent run at today's Withins thanks, a good nights sleep and a bag of frozen peas can work wonders.

Mr Andy Ford, all the best with your injury mate. Your improvement in races this year has been brilliant, see you back soon mate...take care.
    Darren, thanks again for leading me around bad step [yes - i was that fellow runner who didn't fancy it and i knew Darren would help me with it so i just came out and asked him!] and i'm glad your fall didn't give you any lasting damage. I bought you a pint at the end but didn't see you for a while so i drank it! thanks again for the help, mate

Speedy recovery mate, good sharing the helicopter ride with you, I have been back a&e in blackburn today broke wrist in 4 places, operation this week to have a plate fitted

Hello everyone
    I was the runner who was airlifted off bowfell with the broken wrist, fractured in 4 places and needs an op this week to have a plate fitted.
    I would like to congratulate all those who completed the race and speedy recover to those who were injured.
    Thanks to the organisers, a great race, a massive thanks to the runners who stopped to aid me in getting help, a massive thanks to those who were with me while waiting for help, mountain rescue for coordinating my recovery and RAF search and rescue for immense flying in those conditions, slightly embarrassing but glad I didn't half to walk down!
    Thanks to th Dr who was up there walking with his daughter and using his handheld sat nav as a splint, I have made arrangements for it to be returned to you as well as the north face coat to the Marshall
    Thanks to Whitehaven a&e
    The fell running community has to be one of the best in any sport selfless acts of support,
    Hopefully I will be back running as soon as I can.
    Thanks again everyone

Hope that plate does the trick Craig and you can get back to it soon. I can't get in until tomorrow to be assessed at the MRI then see how long I'm off for, personally I'd love to still make the FRA's, don't think I've accepted it won't happen just yet.

Completely agree in thanking everyone who helped and those who put the race on, we'll be back next time! Learnt later on that the two guys who stopped to help you were a couple of lads from Lostock who I train with, good guys they are too.

Next time, lets have pint after a race and not meet in a helicopter with looks of "Why are we here?" and the shaking of heads!

Mr Fishwick! Always a pleasure seeing you at races and sharing a few words before wondering if I can get higher up the field and nearer the front than last year, along with actually getting more and more races in with some Fishwicking antics. An inspiration here and on the fells mate, thanks for the wishes and I'll see you soon!

[A massive, massive thank you to everyone pulled me out of the bog and kitted me up, left extra gear with or on me, alerted the marshalls, stopped to check I was OK and shared a few words and helped keep my spirits up. I have many messages to send today to the RO, the marshalls, Langdale and Consiton MR teams, a lady called Heather who sat in the shelter with me to keep me warm and had also been warning other runners to round the bog I went in (her husband was on the race, a CFR guy and I think and aiming for 1st V50), RAF (though it was slightly embarrassing and felt like a bit of soft git getting winched off) and Whitehaven A&E for looking after me. Very, very humbling to have so many people come to my aid.]

Hi Andy

I was able to play a small part in helping you by alerting the marshalls. Not sure if you remember but you passed me just after Angle Tarn and I reminded you to watch out for holes after the 3 Shires incident!

Glad to hear you got off the mountain ok. Hope you make a speedy recovery and are back out on the fells soon.
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Hi Andy
    Read your post, my wife, Heather sends best wishes for your recovery, hopes the knee is feeling better, what was wrong with it?
    Prognosis?
    Managed to get the first vet 55 but it was bloody hard.hope ur back running soon

Pint sounds more inviting than hours in A&E, pass on my thanks to the lostock lads when you see them next

Mike, thanks very much, I was telling Albert the story of those holes going up Blisco while we climbed to Esk Hause, good to see you out there yesterday. Thank you for getting the marshalls, I just remember one of the guys who was throwing layers on to me saying someone had gone, didn't realise it was you. Hope I'll be back pretty soon and back out there, at which time, we'll avoid holes and also pots of bog with nasty rocks at the side! How'd you get on with the race? Blame me for lost time!

Peter, nice to meet you in a round about way and well done on the 1st V55, heard you went through Esk Hause about 48th overall. I dislocated my knee and popped it back it stretching/kicking out to try and escape the bog I was in and that's when the pain rocketed and I started yelling and being pulled out. Not sure of the full extent until I go to the fracture clinic tomorrow, hoping it's good news though. Please pass on a huge thank you to Heather for sitting with me in that shelter and keeping me company while we waited for MRT and the helio and also for keeping almost everyone else out of that same bog, she was fantastic.

Dear CraigI74,
    Hope you are well and recover soon. Helicopter men cost loads and hope they are there when I have a problem. All of us should donate a quid or two to keep them going.What was the view like - don't like flying.

Sound like a war zone to me. hope you all have a quick and full recovery.