Thread: Soft flasks

Soft flasks

Hi folks. Had a quick look but couldn't see anything in previos posts.
    I've just got an Inov8 race elite vest. For long stuff before I had an inov8 15 litre rucksack that I put water bottle holders on the front which worked well.
    The vest is great but I'm intrigued by the soft flask idea instead of the bottles up front. No sloshing and less bulk etc and if I can get some with some straws (Ultraspire 500ml soft flask with straw) even better. Just wanted folks opinions on them, is it worth getting some? The bottles obviously do the job but I'm drawn to innovation and new ideas lol
    Ta Wooj

I have a Salomon vest with to long a name to remember. It came with two 500ml soft bottles and I absolutely love them. They don't slosh as the content reduce, they're soft so don't shafe. The top of the bottle is not a simple top like on a hard bottle, it's in three pieces that come apart easily for cleaning, result is a good solid screw on top with a soft mouthpiece.
    I haven't found it a problem to drink from them without taking the bottle out of the vest, just bend the head and push the vest up a little and squeeze the bottle a little, though it can illicit comments about nipple sucking...
    I ended up buying to extra bottles of the same and throw them in the back of the vest.
    Just looked it up, it's this type of bottle: http://www.castlebergoutdoors.co.uk/...0694536498_2dX

/C

Quote Originally Posted by Wooj View Post
    Hi folks. Had a quick look but couldn't see anything in previos posts.
    I've just got an Inov8 race elite vest. For long stuff before I had an inov8 15 litre rucksack that I put water bottle holders on the front which worked well.
    The vest is great but I'm intrigued by the soft flask idea instead of the bottles up front. No sloshing and less bulk etc and if I can get some with some straws (Ultraspire 500ml soft flask with straw) even better. Just wanted folks opinions on them, is it worth getting some? The bottles obviously do the job but I'm drawn to innovation and new ideas lol
    Ta Wooj

Might give them a go. Seen a pair for £14 online. Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Wooj View Post
    Might give them a go. Seen a pair for £14 online. Ta
    Make sure they are a pair of flasks and not just the single flask with two hand grip/holders that I saw advertised last week.

where did you see the single flask and hand grips? i've got the bottles already but could do with the grips

Quote Originally Posted by Midlander View Post
    Make sure they are a pair of flasks and not just the single flask with two hand grip/holders that I saw advertised last week.
    No mine were defo a pair of 500ml bottles. On eBay from Vietnam for £14! Bargain. Then again they may be a copy but if they work I'm not bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by obrienk View Post
    where did you see the single flask and hand grips? i've got the bottles already but could do with the grips
    Here you go...

http://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/pro...et.htm?brand=1

great, thanks!