Thread: FRA Members ratio in races

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cant believe that's really on the table WP....or am I being hopelessly naive??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Cant believe that's really on the table WP....or am I being hopelessly naive??
    I must admit I'm not sure if there's a protocol here. As I'm an RO I've been given the meeting notes although I didn't attend as I only tend to do the one race a year at the moment, so I don't want to be seen to be whistle-blowing or anything. That's not the intent, but yes I do see a danger of this happening.

There are entry forms out there for FRA members and non FRA members now and ROs are being asked to use them and report back on the numbers from their races.
    At this stage it is certainly only to gather info.

"We know that many people join the FRA purely to support the sport and the FRA, its governing body in England. However, many others do not join the FRA because they do not see a personal benefit, especially now that all race information is available online (meaning that the FRA Handbook does not provide the same incentive to join the FRA as it used to). Many members have told us (with justification) that they feel they are subsidising non-members."

But this bit concerns me and hence my comments.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell