Page 1533 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 533103314331483152315311532153315341535154315831633 ... LastLast
Results 15,321 to 15,330 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I've read what you said and I've slept on it, twice.

I'm not medically trained, but from what you've said I would suggest that you see someone who is and get a blood test

I hope you're back to full fitness in record time
    Blood test? No, I just need some speedwork.

On Sunday I was chatting to a friend who is an ultra-runner, telling him how I have slowed down this year, and he was saying that he had also slowed down. He put this down to not doing speedwork: he had got into the habit of using Parkrun as his speedwork session, so hasn't done much since Parkrun stopped in March.

Anyway, I went back to my reps circuit that I haven't run since my injury last Autumn. I managed 6 reps (I usually do 8, sometimes more), and they were only about 5 seconds slower than usual (taking 2:10 - 2:20 each), so not too dreadful.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Club night tonight. Really wasn't up for it after the weekend, but my only chance of a hard session this week.

12 x 400mtrs on a gravel path, 75secs recovery.

First few were a real chore, and struggled to get under 3:45/km pace. But legs slowly warmed up and by the end was hitting under 3:20/km pace (around 79secs lap track pace).

Overall glad I did the session (as is usually the case). 6.5 miles of which 3 were effort.

Master
    When I used to do 400 metre reps - on a track - I used to do one every 3 minutes, so the faster I ran the more recovery I got - also made the timing easier. Funny how the last one is often the easiest!

Looks like club runs will be limited to 6 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Looks like club runs will be limited to 6 soon.
    I thought they already were.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    It appears the 6 limit was a guideline - it is going to become law. Until now the law only applied to over 30.

I really don't see the point in the legal limit being so much different to the guideline. I suspect most reasonable people to stick reasonably closely to the guideline but the minority if challenged are just going to say they are doing nothing wrong...
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    I really don't see the point in the legal limit being so much different to the guideline. I suspect most reasonable people to stick reasonably closely to the guideline but the minority if challenged are just going to say they are doing nothing wrong...
    As a club with a high local recognition factor it is important we both follow the law and are seen to do so. I think people will feel a law is stronger than a guideline.

Absolutely, I would also hope that in future the legislation is more in-step with the guidelines.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Due to a combination of injury, work and holidays tonight's RATRun morphed into a RATRide. Two of us had an early evening 21 miles and 2'200 feet ride in 1hr 26min from the Lathkil Hotel out to Monyash, Earl Sterndale, Longnor, Crowdicote and Flagg before returning to the Lathkil.

It was one of those rides where the right choice of clothing was difficult. I ended up being too warm at the start but being just right at the end and Rupert was spot on initially but freezing at the finish. A combination of both would have been ideal!

Back at the Lathkil, Cheesy Chips were washed down with Marmoset from the Blue Monkey brewery and Steel Cow from Bradfield brewery. Very nice they were too.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Ticked off 4 Wainwrights I'd not done before today leaving just 3 to do in the Northern Fells.
    It was a very socially distant run - in fact I didn't see another person on the fells at all! Longlands Fell, Great Sca Fell, Knott and Brae Fell. The plan was to do Meal Fell and Great Cockup but the weather was atrocious so left for another day. 13km/810m