Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cross Country 2023-24

And me. Already booked a week in Stockholm for then, not expecting to miss any major races!

Does anyone on here know that if a runner, not a member of an EA affiliated running club but a member of the FRA, is eligible to run in the County and National XC Championships?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Does anyone on here know that if a runner, not a member of an EA affiliated running club but a member of the FRA, is eligible to run in the County and National XC Championships?
    You can't LLani and not sure you ever could in a National. We had this with Bowland following the rule change about 8 years ago and you have to be EA affiliated because they are a club that do not auto affiliate their runners but some used to run cross country.

I lobbied extensively about this because we used to pick up runners who came along as guests after maybe a couple of road, fell or trail races and eventually signed up to a club.

I have even selected unattached runners for Lancashire in the Inters XC.

For me it was a huge backward step and an indication that the top brass in our sport just do not understand the way the sport works at local level.

I stopped paying my EA fee as a consequence to object in my own little way.

Strangely, I keep the cross country races going at Witton. I just enjoy it
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell