Thread: Road Relays 2024

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Challenging conditions today at Sutton Park.

We had a mix of everything.... a bit of hail and snow, a little bit of rain, sunshine, and lots of wind.

68 teams on the start line, and as expected our opening leg came back clear in 1st with about a 20 second lead... however as the long legs went on we dropped back down to 5th.... on to the short legs and we started reaching down to runners of my calibre.... i personally dropped from 10th-12th on my leg, and we ultimately ended up 16th.

For me personally it was a good run. a pb of 18:57..... i ran 19:13 and 19:10 last year in the Midlands and Nationals respectively... and today the wind was significant, i'd imagine that was worth at least 20seconds, if not more.

Western Tempo took the honours, followed by Bristol & West 2nd, BRAT 3rd.

I wouldn't like to be our team manager picking the 12 for the Nationals in a fortnight... two guys in the 2nd team ran considerably quicker than a few of us in the first team... whilst i was technically 5th fastest out of the 8 short legs in the first team, three of us ran times within 5 seconds of each other. So if we have a couple of faster guys back available for selection as well, i might miss out.
    Last edited by Travs; 23-03-2024 at 08:10 PM.