Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast

Thread: Today's Sally

EMOM press-ups routine. 12 reps (floor to lock to floor) press-ups, every minute, for 10 minutes.

Secs remaining for each of the 10X 1 min sets.

40 - 40 - 41 - 39 - 39 - 38 - 39 - 31 - 22 - fail .

Bit of a disaster tonight. I came off a horse unintentionally, at speed, this morning, and the physical and ego bruises clearly have assisted in undermining today's efforts (well, that's my excuse anyroad.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    EMWM for 24 minutes, alternating single pull-ups with double chin-ups. 36 "efforts" in total.
    Good effort Mike. I find that when attempting these I'm torn between having a go at trying one more rep, or realising that a failed extra rep will likely undermine the next set - although I imagine that in terms of beneficial effects, those attempts are beneficial, if the form remains good.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Good effort Mike. I find that when attempting these I'm torn between having a go at trying one more rep, or realising that a failed extra rep will likely undermine the next set - although I imagine that in terms of beneficial effects, those attempts are beneficial, if the form remains good.
    Thanks Mossdog. Encouragement is so helpful. As long as failure is approached, it must be doing some good.

As today was a day off - I have been doing these core exercises every second day on average - I had a go at a one armed press-up, and a pull-up with that extra 5kg.

One armed press-up: nowhere near it, but then the arm position is so different. I need to do hands touching press-ups, amongst other hand positions.

And that pull-up with 5 kgs extra - yes - just - I managed 3 singles - pleased that I could do any.

Master
    Hmm - got a bit lost timing/counting today. I roughly alternated 10 normal chest to floor press-ups with 6 hands-close-together chest to floor press-ups. Normally the gap between my hands is 24 inches - I measured it - close together I started at 9 inches but got it down to 6 inches - that is the distance between my thumb tips. Much harder!

Hmm - got a bit lost timing/counting today. I roughly alternated 10 normal chest to floor press-ups with 6 hands-close-together chest to floor press-ups. Normally the gap between my hands is 24 inches - I measured it - close together I started at 9 inches but got it down to 6 inches - that is the distance between my thumb tips. Much harder!
    Yeap! Much, much harder! Well done. I'm planning to try your weighted pull-ups soon, now that I can churn out 5 plus. Re ypur press up, the hands close together sounds quite a challenge.

Interestingly, I too decided to do normal press-ups this afternoon, with the exception of the first press-up in each set being from the floor to lock. The rest for each set were nose near floor to lock and back, until the final press-up in the set to the ground again, ready for the next set as soon as the minute elapsed. Much easier than floor-lock-floor and I set myself the task of doing these as fast as possible. Seconds remaining for each of the 10 press-ups x 20 sets = 200

45 (!) - 48 - 48 - 48 -48 - 48 - 48 - 48 - 48 - 48

48 - 46 - 45 - 46 - 47 - 46 - 47 - 47 - 45 - 45

see time on vid at about 3 mins 25 secs...! Spanish Press-Ups! Eso es una locura
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CM7ibbbvI4
    Last edited by Mossdog; 23-05-2024 at 08:10 PM.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Well done.

That chap in the video is pretty fit - his pull-ups are very impressive.

Re the Spanish press-ups - it looks like the down position is until his chin touches the mat, though that depends to an extent on head/neck position. My nipples are 8 1/2 inches apart, so 6 inches is a bit more challenging, as is starting with chest-on-floor.

Master
    6 chest to floor press-ups with thumbs touching - progress!

Master
    EMOM for 30 minutes, all singles with 5 kg extra weight, the first 3 were pull-ups, all the rest chin-ups. So 30 efforts.

Weighted pull-ups are hard!

EMOM - sets of 11 press-ups, back to doing floor to lock to floor. Time in secs remaining for each min.

43 - 43 - 44 - 43 - 43 - 41 - 40 - 37 - 29 - 15
    Am Yisrael Chai

EMOM for 30 minutes, all singles with 5 kg extra weight, the first 3 were pull-ups, all the rest chin-ups. So 30 efforts.

Weighted pull-ups are hard!
    Really well done. I'm psyching my self up to have a bash at them! Just back from a long horsey day at the Northumberland County Show, helping with shifting and carrying, etc., so feel I've had a resistant training work-out already
    Am Yisrael Chai