Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192

Thread: Today's Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Thumbs touching chest to floor press-ups, sets to failure or nearly so, set + rest = 2 minutes, 15 sets.

6 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 4. 63 in total.

I tried a one armed knee press-up - nope.
    Thumb touching. Similar to 'diamond'? Whatever, they're tough, and I'll give a pass at one-arm! Very well done for trying.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Original Sally Challenge:

AM 2 mins 27 secs
    PM 2 mins 08 secs

Those isometrics Arrrgh!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Chin-ups, 10 sets to imminent failure, 3 minutes = set + rest: 6 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3. Total = 37.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Chin-ups, 10 sets to imminent failure, 3 minutes = set + rest: 6 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3. Total = 37.
    Really well done Mike. I'm giving the bar a rest due to continued elbow issues (albeit getting better).

Today, I thought I'd try something a bit different as a way to improve the isometrics.

So, the attempt was EMOM x10 of: 20 sec isometric holds, at the lower end of press-up position, before returning to the top, arms locked, position for the remaining seconds of each minute. I managed x8 sets out of the aspired for 10. The bulging of the veins in my forearms and hands, together with the uncomfortableness of the muscle fatigue, eventually got the better of me. I had just completed a 15Km indoor row, so my arms and core had some tiredness already though. I'll maybe try 15 secs isometrics next time and see how that goes.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Really well done Mike. I'm giving the bar a rest due to continued elbow issues (albeit getting better).

Today, I thought I'd try something a bit different as a way to improve the isometrics.

So, the attempt was EMOM x10 of: 20 sec isometric holds, at the lower end of press-up position, before returning to the top, arms locked, position for the remaining seconds of each minute. I managed x8 sets out of the aspired for 10. The bulging of the veins in my forearms and hands, together with the uncomfortableness of the muscle fatigue, eventually got the better of me. I had just completed a 15Km indoor row, so my arms and core had some tiredness already though. I'll maybe try 15 secs isometrics next time and see how that goes.
    Luckily my elbows don't give me any trouble.

That isometric hold sounds hard - it should help your "Sallys".

Master
    Chest to floor diamond press-ups, sets to imminent or actual failure, 2 minutes = set plus rest, 20 sets:
    8 - 5 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2. Total 63.

And .. and .. I started with a single one armed from the floor knee press-up.