Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1320

Thread: mr b's latest comeback

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Hope to see you there Luke, as I'll most likely do it - I've done it twice before and enjoyed it and the show. You even get a free beer at the end.
    Not Just Yorkshire Water who are blatantly profiteering from carparking. You now have to pay at Little Almscliffe and Norwood Bank!
    It's a good local XC, though hotly contested at the front end mainly by horsforth harriers' fast guys.

My attendance is out of my control, purely in the hands of fate.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

2 laps of a 5k loop at 9.30mmp last night. I went up to 3 strides/breath at about 4.5km and stayed there for the rest of the run. Historically these sorts of sessions never work for me because the muscle recruitment is worse then you run slow, but i need to try and jump from 5-10k distance without getting ruined.

Another 6.5m acw lap of thruscross, starting and finishing 1 mile back down the valley below the dam. I went too fast for true threshold pace I think, but no cramping. Two runs in a row now the supertracs have let me down, this time not on rocks, but on a slippy contour. I remember when I could really take this route by the scruff of the neck, and run hard; it feels like a huge effort now.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Another 6.5m acw lap of thruscross, starting and finishing 1 mile back down the valley below the dam. I went too fast for true threshold pace I think, but no cramping. Two runs in a row now the supertracs have let me down, this time not on rocks, but on a slippy contour. I remember when I could really take this route by the scruff of the neck, and run hard; it feels like a huge effort now.
    But at least you're getting out there MrB
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Thanks, Noel and LB. I thought the thread title as it stood did not accurately represent the impermanence of this conceptual 'comeback'. I was drifting dangerously towards the status of a master fellrunner with a small niggle issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Thanks, Noel and LB. I thought the thread title as it stood did not accurately represent the impermanence of this conceptual 'comeback'. I was drifting dangerously towards the status of a master fellrunner with a small niggle issue.
    Thanks Noel.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

A rare quality track session tonight, thought it felt quite tough at the end, tougher than it should have done. Straight off the back of a ride home from work, so I was nicely warmed up.

4x mile off 2min rests, 6.40mmp

First two day training weekend this weekend; a deflating 21.09 at parkrun followed by a rough feeling 6.5m round thruscross on sunday. Bramley are on the summer course now, which is slower, but i'd like to be under 21m without towing my bag out.

5k fartlek happened last night, it felt clumsy but fairly fast.

Bramley parkrun on Saturday, 20.46, which is approaching the area I should be in. Pre pandemic I'd have been fighting for the win, as the winning time was a bit slower than normal.

Today saw 7.5m/1595' on the Bolton abbey estate, but due to a horrendous squall tea and cake at buffers was had before not after the run. First run on good long runnable climbs for a long while, legs were heavy. The valley of desolation loop is obstructed at Bolton park farm by the farmer's aggressive cows, so I had to trespass to get round them over electric fencing etc. Their heads were up and they were squaring up as soon as I was through the gate, it's the same herd and lineage as the ones that tried to kill me six years ago. The valley of desolation route out of posforth gill is awful; landslips have all but destroyed the path.