Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135
Results 1,341 to 1,347 of 1347

Thread: mr b's latest comeback

Not been on here for a while, seemed futile.

8x300 off 100 walked rests. 62, 63, 65, 64, 63, 64, 65, 63.

Rougemont chase from weeton show today, a good local event and not too mental on sheep and cows. Some of the horse brushes on sale looked perfect for cleaning your fell shoes.

The race began with a parade lap of the show field for some reason, at jogging pace. I made sure I had a good line when the clock started at the ring entrance. Two young lads took the lead quite quickly, one of them in fashion trainers not running shoes. Their pace was too hot for me so I settled into 4th behind a vet, laying 2nd vet and moving quite fast. I slipped to 3rd vet when I missed a gate, but he would have got me anyway. The first lady was worrying me at the turn, but I dropped her on the steep descent and took a place back I had lost a few minutes earlier. The long grass was a drag on my shins on the approach to rougemont carr and I couldn't catch the guy in front. I finished 6th overall and 4th vet, so it was a vetfest.

I wanted a hot dog afterwards but couldn't face up to the reality of paying £9 for the privelage. The free beer was very welcome. I was able to fuss tens of dogs including sausage dogs, which are often very defensive. There were plenty of friendly retrievers and spaniels, and I had a quick chat with local athlete Ian Rowbotham, who was quite fast in his day. He has quite a few injury problems at the moment.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Rougemont chase from weeton show today, a good local event and not too mental on sheep and cows. Some of the horse brushes on sale looked perfect for cleaning your fell shoes.

The race began with a parade lap of the show field for some reason, at jogging pace. I made sure I had a good line when the clock started at the ring entrance. Two young lads took the lead quite quickly, one of them in fashion trainers not running shoes. Their pace was too hot for me so I settled into 4th behind a vet, laying 2nd vet and moving quite fast. I slipped to 3rd vet when I missed a gate, but he would have got me anyway. The first lady was worrying me at the turn, but I dropped her on the steep descent and took a place back I had lost a few minutes earlier. The long grass was a drag on my shins on the approach to rougemont carr and I couldn't catch the guy in front. I finished 6th overall and 4th vet, so it was a vetfest.

I wanted a hot dog afterwards but couldn't face up to the reality of paying £9 for the privelage. The free beer was very welcome. I was able to fuss tens of dogs including sausage dogs, which are often very defensive. There were plenty of friendly retrievers and spaniels, and I had a quick chat with local athlete Ian Rowbotham, who was quite fast in his day. He has quite a few injury problems at the moment.
    Well run Mr B - a good read too.

Master
    Good to see you at Rougemont Luke. I was a fair bit behind you, but had an enjoyable race. The young lad who was second used to run with my club and is very fast. Came out of retirement for his local race. We really enjoyed the terrier racing after our race. Organised chaos.

I think i ran the exact same time to the second as i did in 2009...

I couldn't find any food in my price range so headed off. Was that guy winning all the bike races Tom Adams?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master
    I had a burger and chips for £9. Tasty.
    Didn’t see Tom.

Looks like i got a miniscule PB, 2009-34.04, 2024-34.03
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent