Page 142 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Didn't you win a race that year
    2016 I won a fell race!
    It was the clean-up after the Junior Champs in Stretton.
    Total field of eight people and a dog. I won a box of malteesers!
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Compared to most at CVFR you're on the doorstep
    It felt like a long way especially as on club nights I was coming straight from work, which at the time was between Pontefract and Doncaster. The M62 was horrible.

The information, advice and route finding potential was what drew me to the forum. For a long time I lurked just gleaning race info and route inspiration.

It was Oracle’s posts that first motivated me to get involved as it seemed like he was gaining an insidious grip by ranting on his various pet hates. Everyone else you can (mostly) have a reasonable debate with.

I wouldn’t want to see the forum closed but something does need to change to stop the bickering. Ban politics? Rules about debates? But it’s the pub so move on if you don’t like the conversation...

Banned
    No quarantine necessary when returning from Turkey.

Looking good for my hols.

Don't know if easyJet are flying to dalaman yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Whatever. 2016 was Brexit and corbyn, I don’t Memorise dates. AndI’ve never denied being a previous member of this forum.

Is that the closest you ever got to Darren in a race?

My claim to fame is beating Daz in the Mountain Trial a couple of years back (it was horrendous weather and I think Daz did most of the Fairfield Horseshoe in getting to Checkpoint1, which probably didn't help!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    No quarantine necessary when returning from Turkey.

Looking good for my hols.

Don't know if easyJet are flying to dalaman yet?
    Easyjet won't be flying anywhere soon!

You'll have to get on yer bike and hope for the best Stagger.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    But rich. Your posts were rarely if ever about me, and even when they referred to my posts , they were not to me but about me and generally insulting. So youve no idea if you can discuss with me or not, before condemn me.
    That is Hardly good for an amicable forum.

It’s your last comment that interests me. Why do so many people join threads only to say they don’t like the thread, the topic or often the poster? What is the point? Moving on from the thread if none is interested , the thread will die. I don’t start these contentious threads, but those who do must accept rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by RichA View Post
    The information, advice and route finding potential was what drew me to the forum. For a long time I lurked just gleaning race info and route inspiration.

It was Oracle’s posts that first motivated me to get involved as it seemed like he was gaining an insidious grip by ranting on his various pet hates. Everyone else you can (mostly) have a reasonable debate with.

I wouldn’t want to see the forum closed but something does need to change to stop the bickering. Ban politics? Rules about debates? But it’s the pub so move on if you don’t like the conversation...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    My claim to fame is beating Daz in the Mountain Trial a couple of years back (it was horrendous weather and I think Daz did most of the Fairfield Horseshoe in getting to Checkpoint1, which probably didn't help!!)
    Take the wins where you can get them! Nobody remembers how.
    I once won two half marathons on lanzarote, Sounds good till you count the number behind me!

One of the last borrowdales one Gavin bland shuffled round in about 5 hours.
    That was the year to say I beat Gavin round borrowdale!

My actual claim to fame is coming top few in some long LDWAs like the trog, came 4th I recollect. That type suited me better than long AL even though I preferred the latter.
    But I am not a fell runner according to DT.
    Last edited by Oracle; 03-07-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    But rich. Your posts were rarely if ever about me, and even when they referred to my posts , they were not to me but about me and generally insulting. So youve no idea if you can discuss with me or not, before condemn me.
    That is Hardly good for an amicable forum.

It’s your last comment that interests me. Why do so many people join threads only to say they don’t like the thread, the topic or often the poster? What is the point? Moving on from the thread if none is interested , the thread will die. I don’t start these contentious threads, but those who do must accept rebuttal.
    I have seen your extensive replies and decided you are not able to be reasoned with so do not engage with you.

My point in replying to this thread was that it had taken a reflective turn and it seemed appropriate. Agreed if you don’t like it don’t say anything.

I once won a pair of socks as 3rd counter for the Mens Vet team at a local race.

Other than that, in 2005 beating Bashir to the 1st corner at the Southport 4 one year was about as good as it gets

He won the race in 19:59 and I was 24:27 - I'd take that now!

Next day I chased him around Rivington Pike.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell