Hills and Guinness!

Super Moderator

Re: Haworth Hobble 2010

Have fun Hobblers! Hope to see you at the finish
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Re: Haworth Hobble 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Have fun Hobblers! Hope to see you at the finish
    Profile says your'e in Saigon! I know it's a longish race but...........................

Pics will be up after tea (ish), well done all. Marcus seemed to be going well, not sure if he ended up with the win.

Re: Haworth Hobble/Wuthering H

I understand that Duncan Harris won in about 4 hours and 3 minutes. Mark palmer was about a minute and a half behind. I was a lot further behind than that!

My pick for the winner went sour - his achilles went at mile 14! Pic below before things went pear shape passing Widdop Res:

Gallery up on sportsunday site.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Enjoyed this much better than last year, blew then 2 miles before end and lost time and places. This year slower overall pace but better finish. Had a shit week and spent first half mulling over issues losing focus. Something clicked at stoodley when I got myself angry and focused. 5.08 ish 15 mins faster than last year. Though i did finish intentionally together with a guy from Saltburn and through poor timekeeping a seconds difference was recorded.

Nice to see the lovely Stef F, enjoyed admiring ShaunandRachels new shoes and having a chat, said hello to Mountain Man (though sorry did not realise who you were when we were chatting). Met Mezza Foster and BritNick briefly (he was admiring my fetching outfit and i think tried to pull me - too grey for me Nick) and saw Tussockface before the race then not again so i assume he was ahead at the end.

Can I also just state that the offer of a nip at Makinholes was not my idea or a Keighley ploy to cripple the opposition,though I understand it did for at least one lady runner. I think a far more effective ploy would have been for a Timmy Taylors hand-pull pump to have been set up.
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

Well done all you Hobblers! I set up an unofficial water station in outside The Cross in Heptonstall. CVFR have got all the race gear in the village ahead of Heptonstall Fell Race next week so it seemed a pity not use it. Sorry I missed the front runners - it was a bit spur of the moment.
    The Landlord at The Cross was really helpful, refilling the barrel and seemd quite interested in expanding the refreshments for 2012 - many also made use of his "facilities".
    Hope you all recover in time for next week - its only 15 miles........see you back in Heptonstall on the 20th!

Well done to all Hobblers, twas nice to be offering my advice (and sometimes jellythingies) from the doorstep on Heptonstall Road, and to give AntiSocial abuse from yer own gaff when he's goin' uphill breathing out of ..... it doesn't get any better!
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

Well, I said it last year and I'll say it again... " never again!!!!"
    Although a bloomin' tough race, because you feel its not that long, so you can push it a bit, and despite feeling dreadful for all the second half, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    My main and most lovely memory will be of Antisocial, who despite the rumours, is a true gent! He is a dab hand at fixing zips and galantly offered to fix my broken one. Not wanting everything to spill out I said "oh, yes please." And he obliged with ease and expertise!!! Everthing was tucked safely away in a jiffy. What a lovely man!
    I was rather worried at registration when the local Bishop stood in my way, I thought he was going to demand I went to mass before the run. But as he turned away to straighten the thread on his pink bolero, I escaped his clutches. How lovely that Howarth's Bishop actively encourages his lambs to Mass!!!
    Thank you everyone involved for my morning of nausea and several bonks!!
    Gala pie-its the future

Thanks to Keighley and Craven for a bloody good day out, 7ish mins slower than last year, would have been more if not for that nip of Whiskey at Mankinholes (Cheers Luke).
    Considering the amount of training i've (not) done, happy with that, enthusiasm renewed.
    Nice to see all the usual suspects and thanks to Mrs. Crumblydown for dragging me round and not bashing my ears (too much) And of course thanks to Mr. C for the water, abuse and cracking homemade bread:thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!