Thread: Resignation fromCommittee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nippersmith View Post
    Isn't this part of the policy specifically about public liability insurance?

Doesn't this section of the policy cover the situation where a member of the public may suffer accidental injury or loss eg if knocked over by a runner, and maybe if the RO can show that he has taken proportionate and reasonable safety measures to safeguard third parties, then the RO will not be negligent?

I don't think the extract means that the insurance policy as a whole is void due to the hazards involved in fell running.

I don't know though, I am just guessing.
    I think the "public" are those who are neither the insurance company nor those paying for the insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I think the "public" are those who are neither the insurance company nor those paying for the insurance.
    When an accident occurs where blame can be attributed to a business (RO/Race), there is an insurance policy that can be taken out called public liability insurance.
    So if the PLI is invalid due to conflict of interest ( hazard/non hazard) ... the RO has no insurance cover if anything goes wrong so will have to deal with it him/her self and it will be expensive!!!!
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

I have to say a big thanks to Andy for the work he has put in.

I have sit on a few committees and it's common practise for the Chair to try and draw much needed expertise in and embrace them - can't quite fathom out what's gone on here as people like Andy are hard to come by.

I also have to say that I'm disappointed in teh committee as a whole for allowing it to get to this point. I am aware that several have voiced "behind the scenes" concerns to try and keep a lid on things. Well this is where it has got you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Yes that sounds right. Public liability insurance covers a wide range and different classes of liability.

The inconsistency is worrying, I agree.

I can see why ROs need reassurance.
    a rush and a push and the land is ours