Page 84 of 553 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Danbert, I liked your reply, but there is only one 'major trophy' at the level to which aspire and that's the Champions League. The Premiership is a passport to the big time, and little more than that (sadly)
    Yes you're right Tup..... but at every home game these days, I spend a few moments pre-match, recalling all those terrible times in the second and third divisions when we were pinning our hopes on the likes of David Brightwell, Rae Ingram, Ged Brannan, Jim Whitley, Lee Bradbury, etc ... then I look at who's going to entertain me today; Joe Hart, David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Yaya Toure, Mario Bakotelli, etc ...how can i be too disappointed. Unfortunately for them United fans just don't have that background or humility.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    You've had a superb domestic record though and Chelsea have had loads of investment yet neither of you have managed to win the CL trophy yet. Similarly it took Baconface almost 4 years (with the highest level of investment in a squad that any manager had ever been given) to win a major trophy at the rags and 13 years to win the Champions League.
    The only clubs, who have won more than us domestically, are Liverpool and Man U. We were robbed against Barca in 2006. I'm sure we'll win it one day and when we do it'll be that much sweeter!

It takes a while to adjust to the CL, we didn't really make an impact until we beat Inter 5-1. Having lived up here for a decade and seen their fans stick with the club through thick and thin I like Man City and I hope they do well. January is a massive month for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeter View Post
    I've been watching City for 14 years now and if you'd have said to me back then that they would be playing in the champions league and winning cups i'd have pissed my sides,i dont care that they got knocked out,fourteen years ago i went to my first ever game,we beat bournemouth 2 - 1,on wednesday i saw them beat Bayern Munich,i'm buzzing :w00t:

You're a true blue Fleeter you've been bruised, battered, beaten, frustrated, overcome, trodden, trampled, exhausted, tired, spent, faded, weary, drained, wilted, crushed.devestated................. but still UNBROKEN!!

We must never forget where we've been but hope all the above is now behind us mate.:wink:

How's the bird box after all these years?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    Having lived up here for a decade and seen their fans stick with the club through thick and thin I like Man City and I hope they do well. January is a massive month for you!
    You're right Dan our next 2 games are massive in any way you look at them. I genuinely believe we can win at Chelsea due to the way they will play, they will give us chances at goal. You lot at home I think will be a really difficult one though.

I'll be watching from Orkney - set off 8:00 in the morning.
    Hope it lives up to it's billing, but I'm thinking 0-0.

You're a true blue Fleeter you've been bruised, battered, beaten, frustrated, overcome, trodden, trampled, exhausted, tired, spent, faded, weary, drained, wilted, crushed.devestated................. but still UNBROKEN!!

We must never forget where we've been but hope all the above is now behind us mate.:wink:

How's the bird box after all these years?
    These are sensational times to be a blue,no united fan my age could have ever felt as good as i did in north london on april 16th 2011,as for the bird box someone from salford harriers has that!

You're right Dan our next 2 games are massive in any way you look at them. I genuinely believe we can win at Chelsea due to the way they will play, they will give us chances at goal. You lot at home I think will be a really difficult one though.
    I'm hoping you do us a favour and stick it to the scum tomorrow night, really looking forward to the game next weekend it's a big test for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeter View Post
    These are sensational times to be a blue,no united fan my age could have ever felt as good as i did in north london on april 16th 2011,as for the bird box someone from salford harriers has that!
    A regular conversation in the pub after the match about 5 years:

"We're in trouble. We could end up going down. If not this season then next"
    Everyone takes worried sip of beer, Brief silence descends.

"What we need is some billionaire to buy us".
    Everyone laughs ironically.

"Yeah, imagine. Buy all the best players and all that. Knock those red b*stards off their perch for good"
    More laughter

"Imagine Baconfaces face? City come to Old Trafford and humiliate them!"
    Louder laughter

"Win the league and that. Can you imagine if City won the league? What it would feel like?"
    Lots of "Yeah" and "Jesus". Everyone drifts into their imaginations for a second.

"Won't happen though, will it?"
    "Course it f*cking won't, we'll always be shit"
    Rueful Laughter as conversation moves on.

Little did we know we were discussing the future hey matey
    Last edited by Danbert Nocurry; 11-12-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Hope city beat chelski, will make this gooner very happy.
    Next week, quite frankly I'm worried that city will beat the invincibles record. Do I expect a red victory, I wont put money on it, but there's always hope with RVP on the pitch. In Arsene we trust, though I'm glad I wont have to go into school the next day and face too much ribbing, please don't let it be the same as the Man U game that was just humiliating (and I went to Wrexham in 92!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    Hope city beat chelski, will make this gooner very happy.
    Next week, quite frankly I'm worried that city will beat the invincibles record. Do I expect a red victory, I wont put money on it, but there's always hope with RVP on the pitch. In Arsene we trust, though I'm glad I wont have to go into school the next day and face too much ribbing, please don't let it be the same as the Man U game that was just humiliating (and I went to Wrexham in 92!!!)
    It was hard going in to work after that Man U game....