Page 296 of 296 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296
Results 2,951 to 2,954 of 2954

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    12.63 miles, 1,402 feet, 2 hours 52 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Clappersgate - Wray Castle - Coffin Trail - High Wray - Wray Castle - Clappersgate - Rothay Bridge. Sunshine/blue sky and fluffy clouds, the latter mainly above the high tops. No rain; a moderate breeze from the north. This was on tarmac, forest roads, and walking paths - it was damp/wet/muddy with lots of puddles in places. Not many walkers about, though the Wray Castle carpark was busy. 1 runner seen.

Master
    10.24 miles, 3,268 feet, 3 hours 31 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate, along the ridge to the true top, down to the upper section of Nanny lane, and back up to the Pike. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 800 feet; misty below that. Intermittent drizzle. A moderate breeze from the south west. Quite a few walkers about; no runners seen.

It was not cold, though I had all over waterproofs on throughout.

Master
    11 miles, 2,401 feet, 3 hours 8 minutes: Loughrigg trails, taking in Clappersgate, Todd Crag, Lily Tarn, the track past Loughrigg Tarn, Deerbolts Woods, Loughrigg shore, and up to the top via Loughrigg Terrace and the steps overlooking Grasmere. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 900 feet. Constant drizzle/light rain. A moderate breeze from the south west. Terrain saturated/streaming/slippery - puddles and streams everywhere. I saw a dozen walkers on the fell, and 2 runners.

My Shakedry top and Spirit Lite Montane trousers kept me warm enough though not completely dry. The Spirit Lites are certainly more water resistant than the OMM Kamleikas - it is irritating that having bought them directly from Montane I then found them £25 cheaper elsewhere.

Master
    10.08 miles, 3,075 feet, 3 hours 29 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate, down to the upper part of Nanny Lane, up to the true top, and back along the ridge to the Pike. Sunshine, blue sky, and a mixture of clouds - some thin/streaky/serrated, others fluffy, almost all above the high tops. A few minutes of drizzle; a moderately strong cold breeze from the north west. Terrain saturated/streaming/slippery. Not many walkers on the fell; no runners seen.