Thanks PB, you are right, I think sitting down for me might be fatal, I'll probably never get going again. I'm aiming to walk and eat and then speed up again. Any stopping will just be for 'comfort breaks' and perhaps if I really need to do a few stretches. The biccies in pockets idea is great. I like to know I have a few sweets or something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by plodding bear View Post
Don't sit down for too long at checkpoints either Hes, it makes it very hard to get your stiff limbs moving again! A good strategy we found was to grab some food at the checkpoints and then slowly walk on, eating it on the move. Once it's gone down you can pick up the pace again if you want, but it did seem to keep us from stiffening up too much.
Oh, and bung a few custard creams or bit of fruit in your pockets, something to nibble on between check points if you need it.
Good luck with it.
I always like to have a bit of a look back on the night section, and see all the little groups of head torch lights strung around the course. I think the night time bit is my favourite, really.