Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Illiotibial Band Syndrome ITBS

two toenails

Iliotibial Band Stretches

After the Grin and Bear It race, I had a massage and was told that I needed to do stretches for the ITB. Came across this on the internet. Any physios out there who could comment?

http://saveyourself.ca/tutorials/ili...me-stretch.php

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Re: Iliotibial Band Stretches

Search on here for ITB and there should be plenty. Seems a lot of us have needed hep with this this year.

Hopefully your advice is given to prevent rather than to recover from. As someone who's had 9mo+ out since last Nov and just getting back into it, I can wholeheartedly recommend using whatever you can to prevent it.

Good luck!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Iliotibial Band Syndrome???

Was wondering if anyone could help/advise?? I think I might have this (a sharp pain on outside of left knee that kicks in after about 16-plus miles and reduces me to a hobble, and then feels fine as long as I walk).
    Are there any exercises/weights I can do?
    Do I forget about trying for the Fellsman this year?
    Cheers, Ian

Master and MR

Re: Iliotibial Band Syndrome??

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
    Was wondering if anyone could help/advise?? I think I might have this (a sharp pain on outside of left knee that kicks in after about 16-plus miles and reduces me to a hobble, and then feels fine as long as I walk).
    Cheers, Ian
    Can you not get to a Physio
    He or She can work wonders. Ive recently had problems like this and I know from exp over the years what to stretch.
    Im going Physio Tommorow.

Cheers, Ian
    Get yourself to a physio to confirm your self diagnosis first. As you can't be sure of the right rehab work you will need to do until then. Get your money's worth out of that first session and find out as much as you can about the injury, how to treat it and how to reduce the chances of it happening again. Then read up on the subject. There is loads of stuff if it is your ITB. Then plan your recovery and do whatever you need to do. There are ITB specific exercises if it is that. But like I said: Confirm your self diagnosis first.
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.

Cheers, Ian
    If you look at my 'Knee help please' thread it details my whole grisly ordeal exercises and all, i'm 8 months in and still battling, my advice would be to reduce yourself to low milage and see a sports physio for a diagnosis.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Thanks for the help ... I'll book myself in... oh the denial etc

You need to go and se a recomended Podiatrist, ITB can be sorted easily to enable pain free running

Welcome to the club.

http://physiosupplies.com/acatalog/1...R_-_WHITE.html

This website is the best around I believe, free P&P and when i ordered mine it arrvied next day.

If you want to do as much as possible for spending next to nothing, get one of these!

Physios are dear, especially when you have ITB because you have to repeatedly go back, but they are defenitely worth seeing to let them hammer it for you to loosen it up, show you how to use a foam roller and give you exercises to strengthen up the weak muscles which caused the ITB to go so wrong.
    Last edited by Al Fowler; 06-04-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Welcome to the club.

http://physiosupplies.com/acatalog/1...R_-_WHITE.html

This website is the best around I believe, free P&P and when i ordered mine it arrvied next day.

If you want to do as much as possible for spending next to nothing, get one of these!

Physios are dear, especially when you have ITB because you have to repeatedly go back, but they are defenitely worth seeing to let them hammer it for you to loosen it up, show you how to use a foam roller and give you exercises to strengthen up the weak muscles which caused the ITB to go so wrong.
    IT bands cant be stretched