Page 9 of 168 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanky's trog

Re: Tankies Trog

WOW...

what an event....did enjoy it really, even though i went walk about twice (my fault totally) and that this was well outside my comfort zone

many many thanks to MRT and organisers alike..well done

was running in a dream like state down towards the snake (rain-gauge) ...then SPLOOSH up to my tatties in a freezing cold watery bog...hence dream like state to fully awake in a nano second ..

made running down the snake road ...erm..interesting

however made it to the end well cold but happy enough
    Hard Work, Hard Training and Suffering...Race Easy

Well done to all , weather must've been against you. May be fit enough to do this in a years time.

Thanks to all who helped out, Luvshack did a stirling job, my appreciation to Woodhead MRT who turned out in enough numbers to let me and Plumbum race. They were still on the hill waiting for info on the 'missing' runner when I left the pub after the prize giving. (a pity most runners had left by the time Tankie got round to it)

I managed to get through all the torrents with out dipping my tackle, just! saw one guy give up trying to wade across and he just swam it!!

All those recces paid off as i didn't go off route once although I came across the odd lost runner who was heading completely in the wrong direction.

Had a brief chat with Grouse (well done) and GeoffB.

It ran a close second to the wettest I'd been in a fell race, Fellsman 07 being the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Compo (My tip for this year's winner)
    Don't forget - you read it here first!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    I think Geoff B tried out a new idea - 'Tanky's Triathlon' with the swim bit in the middle - Crowden Brook in fact .
    Yep, I was completely submerged twice in Crowden Little Brook - thanks to the chap behind me who hauled me out by the rucsack!

Well done also to Grouse, MarkO & IanDarkPeak - all top 10 finishers. Kat In the Hat - first lady - superb.

Weather forecast for next year is dry & sunny, so I think I'll give it another go.

Sounds great Geoff, where do I sign, dry right? Seriously would have liked to have been there yesterday, next year for sure. I'll need a reccy buddy though....anybody got any advice, is there any route info written down anywhere? Cheers DD

two toenails

Was the missing runner found?

Packed in at Snake. Informed marshalls.

Don't let it be me!

All runners were accounted for, there were a few complexities in cross checking all lists (Registration/KitCheck/ControlPoints/Retirements/Finishers), and with the event straddling a long day & it's AtoB nature & the rather harsh weather this year..... you can imagine it's not a particularly simple process?!

Thankfully Tanky's Excellent Family/Team of Marshalls/MRT Supporters got it all sorted

(It's a tough event & an even tougher one to take responsibilty for, well done Brian, Kate & Kids!)
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Any idea when we might see the results - I know they were on the wall in the village hall, but it was difficult to take it all in? How many starters, how many finishers?

Marvin,
    It normally takes a while for the results to emerge from Tanky's kitchen! If my memory serves me well (which normally it don't), expect them around Christmas time. However, as the entry info appeared courtesey of DPFR website, they might easily be posted there.
    Well done in the "race", you had a good one!
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by Luv Shack View Post
    Marvin,
    It normally takes a while for the results to emerge from Tanky's kitchen! If my memory serves me well (which normally it don't), expect them around Christmas time. However, as the entry info appeared courtesey of DPFR website, they might easily be posted there.
    Well done in the "race", you had a good one!
    Thanks on both counts. I enjoyed it and was reasonably satisfied with my route choice - thanks Alan B and GeoffB. My total distance worked out at 22 miles and 4700ft ascent.

I'm looking forward to the Skyline (21 miles/4500ft) next year even more now and I WILL finish in under 4 hours. I was about 10 minutes slower on the Trog than the Skyline. How have other forumites' times compared on the two races?