Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    ress-ups - alternating unweighted with 5 kg weighted - sets to failure, set + rest = 4 minutes, 8 sets - unweighted were 23 - 14 - 14 - 13; weighted were 11 - 9 - 8 - 9.

24 squats or lunges before and in-between the sets.
    Again, use of weights very impressive Mike. Do you use a pack, belt or some other set up for the added weight?
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Again, use of weights very impressive Mike. Do you use a pack, belt or some other set up for the added weight?
    I use an Inov-8 race vest and put the weights in the various pockets. I check the actual weight on electronic bathroom scales - me plus race vest; me minus race vest.

Master
    Chin-ups - alternating unweighted with 5 kg weighted - sets to failure, set + rest = 4 minutes, 8 sets - unweighted were 7 - 5 - 5 - 4; weighted were 3 - 2 - 2 - 2.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Shockingly poor performance on the EMOM - sets of 10 press-ups this afternoon. Felt like I was doing reps of 12! Anyway, same form of floor to lock to floor. Time in secs remaining for each min.

42 - 40 - 40 - 41 - 39 - 35 - 30 - 28 - 22 - 12!!!

However, much improved dead-hang this morning (still with gloves) recording 1 min 58 secs! I just could not bully my fingers into holding out for the few secs more in order to hit the 2 min level. Interestingly, it was my left hand that was so sore as to be pretty much useless for anything for the next 5 mins, so presumedly some asymmetry in effort (which may open a window for improvement!).

The downside of these slightly sticky gloves is that once the bar is gripped it's then very hard to wiggle or slide the grip to even moderately receive the 'uncomfortableness'. A visible and loud ticking second hand on the clock is, for me, a definite aid as it provides clear feedback on the progress of time, while an out of sight silent stopwatch leads one's mind to sneakily warp (slow or hasten)time.
    I have a stainless steel manual coffee grinder - the outside is quite smooth, making grip an issue as using it involves considerable effort - my partner cannot turn it at all. I discovered some time ago that slightly damp hands grip better than dry hands - have you tried this?

I keep intending to have another go at "hanging" - next time will be with damp hands - I envy your ticking clock - there must be one on the internet that I can find/use.

Pull session earlier.

Seated rows, building up in 5kg increments from 55kg up to 80kg.

Managed sets of 15 up to 70kg, then 12 at 75kg, only 6 at 80kg.

Then 3 x 20 landmine rows at 30kg as a finisher.

Push last night.

Can't remember exact reps/numbers, but it was a combination of dumbell bench press, standing dumbell shoulder press and seated chest press machine.

Pull this morning....

4 x 15 close-grip pulldowns.... 35/40/45/50kg
    3 x 18 wide-grip pulldowns @ 35kg
    3 x 18 landmine rows @ 35kg

Master
    Press-ups - alternating unweighted with 5 kg weighted - sets to failure, set + rest = 4 minutes, 8 sets - unweighted were 23 - 14 - 12 - 11; weighted were 10 - 8 - 8 - 7.

The pack felt particularly heavy today - "Oh dear, tired" again.

Master
    Chin-ups - alternating unweighted with 5 kg weighted - sets to failure, set + rest = 4 minutes, 8 sets - unweighted were 7 - 5 - 5 - 4; weighted were 3 - 2 - 2 - 2.

So no change there then - except that I had 2 pairs of socks on rather than bare feet - I was still a bit cold from my run - I did not have the time to snuggle under some blankets for a bit.

A few days away camping in the Moffat hills seems to have helped with the press-ups but set me back on the dead-hangs!!

EMOM - sets of 10 press-ups, floor to lock to floor. Time in secs remaining for each min.

44 - 44 - 44 - 43 - 43 - 42 - 42 - 39 - 39 - 35

Two attempts at the dead hang this morning and the best I could manage (with gloves!!) was 1 min 38 secs.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Needed a quick session this morning, so EMOM 8x8 reps of 10kg per arm shoulder press, times remaining ranged 46-48s. Then, after all this talk about deadhanging i gave it a try. 1min dead hang, seemed very easy, i made sure to recruit my shoulder flexors to remove the strain off the joint.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent