Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
I have just been perusing OS Maps to see where I can get most TP's for my efforts and I have found some that I have not visited for years. They are in the Radnor Forest as recently reported on by MattPo.

There are 5 that I can, on the face of it, bag on a 12 miles run with 2,500 feet of climb in a circuit from New Radnor. Once on the ground I might have a slight snag with the private weapons testing range in Harley Dingle but my planned route loops to the north of it from Black Mixen to Great Rhos via Shepherds Well.

I just need to pick a decent day now!
Llani have you ever done the Kington 8 Peaks route in that area.... start and finishes, funnily enough, in Kington.

13 miles with perhaps 3000-ish feet of ascent.

The local scout/charity/rotary group hold it as an annual race/walk/challenge... i did it a few years ago... unfortunately i was thwarted by searching for a summit punch for about half an hour which had been removed, and had to settle for 2nd behind DaveMole of this parish (although his local knowledge was invaluable in getting back to the finish from the final top).

It makes for a great training run in that area.